Author
mariatroy
Respected Poster
Added: Dec 07, 2021 3:05 am
Does Anyone Here Understand How OneDrive Works? Personally, I think they've made it as complicated as can be. And that once you signed up for it? Whatever files they are showing are available for others to see? Are there permanently. Or am I misunderstanding something. It said even if I cancel or remove my account? The files are still there. The only folder I see to be able to see that is available? Is the one I'd least want available. My Pictures folder. I didn't say I wanted any folder to be made available at all. Most files in there, are connected to my webcam and are personal and I'd never share with anyone, and especially not with anybody, or publicly. Funny though how this folder isn't on my list & all the ones that are? Have nothing in them.

I had a problem with this webcam at first, because I had no idea I couldn't remove the files in that folder, that were made with said webcam. So when I built up a decent amount in there? I removed them and put them in another folder. NOT in the pictures folder. Found out the next time I went to use the cam, it didn't work. After searching for ages on why it wasn't working? It said it was because files in there act like a pointer to the cam. Where to put the recorded videos in. Emptying it, cut that link for some reason. I mean I guess I can just leave the 2 videos that I have shared online in there. And remove the rest. But it's the fact that this was made available, without my permission in the first place? Pisses me the fuck off. Microsoft is infringing on ALL of our privacy by setting crap up like this.

Or am I wrong with all of this?
jarfur2
Good Poster
Added: Dec 13, 2021 8:06 pm
Like you I do struggle to understand how Onedrive works and if you look at the online forums you wonder if Microsoft themselves understand how it works. I have not had the same problems as you but I really do wonder how secure it is. I also dislike how they continually push you into doing what they want you to do. They ask you if you want something and you can say you don't and ask them not to ask again and every day you get asked again - not the answer they want. Say yes by mistake and you never get a chance to rectify it!! I went to Onedrive from Mediafire because bulk storage was far more expensive but Mediafire seemed much more secure and much easier to use so I really wish I had stayed with them.