yes
17%
no
82%
Author
wonderingaloud
Poster
Added: Feb 15, 2007 3:02 am
I've made comments in threads regarding this subject. Depositfiles is nothing more than a spam site. If they were serious about cultivating customers they would present a more professional approach. Nothing makes me more pissed off than having to fetch perfectly good content from that site.

I was able to get two files from them on twoluckyone's asian thread, but it was a pain in the ass. If your intention is to share, then why not go with a user-friendly service like r/s? If your intention is purely for some type of personal gain, then don't post here.

*edit* I forgot to mention speed. I've been getting d/l speeds over 1.5MB/s (that's a capital B folks) from both r/s.de and r/s.com lately. Not always, but on occasion. What is it with depositfiles, 40kb/s? On a good day?

ban them
Deity
Respected VIP club member
Added: Feb 15, 2007 5:50 am
Use Megaupload instead. That way I don't have to wait an hour between downloads.
juliegirl
Very Respected Poster
Added: Feb 19, 2007 2:46 am
i say... order the one with cheese...

j
sir_darkstar
Senior VIP club member
Added: Feb 22, 2007 1:22 pm
Depositfiles.com is a money making venture, somewhat like usercash, imagefap and all the other frap sites.

Depositfiles is now banned.

please do not upload depositfiles linnks to this site as of today or they will be deleted.

Please stick with the regular well known file hosting sites that members know and can use with confidence. We do appreciate your safety and security and will not tolerate anyone making money from spam sites that exploit the downloader.

All Mods have agreed to this and the poll shows that deposit is not welcome.
victor1
Respected Poster
Added: Feb 26, 2007 11:34 am
Thank you DS!
lucius66
I'm probably spamming
Added: Aug 27, 2007 6:14 am
Think the banning of depositfiles is a good idea simply due to the security issues on that site...however...the thing that bothers me most about whats posted in this thread is why so many of you are being exposed to those issues ( javascript timers, intrusive JS pop ups ect) in the first place? Surely if you're surfing safe to begin with you have Active X controls disabled, the same with Java, and a web filtering utility active in order to disable the pop-ups? That along with a decent firewall and running virus protection should be more than sufficient to snuff out anythin on those sites.
Esteban
Respected VIP club member
Added: Aug 28, 2007 1:59 am
Plain and simply put: Any website that has any un-user friendly pop up spam or anything suspect regarding phishing, viruses, ad-ware etc will not be allowed to be posted on this forum.
Steward
I'm probably spamming
Added: Oct 21, 2007 8:24 pm
Im using megarotic and I found it works great. doesnt take too much effort to download and upload files. The file management system is pretty fair. Any other host I should be aware of?