yes
17%
no
82%
Author
sir_darkstar
Senior VIP club member
Added: Jan 23, 2007 12:09 am
depositfiles.com have been somewhat of an issue here as of late due to the fact that they have excessive pop-ups and now work on the same system as imagecash, imagefrap and usercash.

I have sent PM's to all MODs and GS requesting their thoughts on banning depositfile links the same as we did with the others I mentioned.

what do the members think?
bumlover47
I'm probably spamming
Added: Jan 24, 2007 12:00 am
Deposit files then give a link to rapidshare...megaupload etc

So do people put their files on both servers and somehow they are linked....or are megaup and rs the same company??

AND

if you do a visual route trac guess what?

rs.de comes up as London
rs.com comes up as GERMANY

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Esteban
Respected VIP club member
Added: Jan 24, 2007 1:30 am
Is it just me or are there a lot of newbies using the depositfiles service to upload their links in the last month?

I have a feeling it is a way to promote this service by people connected to same site!
Deity
Added: Jan 24, 2007 1:36 am
I like that I can download from it as soon as I finish a download, but I hate how half of them lie about a free download. You click on free & after 30 secs, only get an option for payed subscribers or go to a mirror site such as megaupload or Mooload which always times out. Why not upload to megaupload in the 1st place?

And I keep getting the message All download servers are busy for your country.
bumlover47
I'm probably spamming
Added: Jan 25, 2007 7:04 pm
rapidshare seems to be off line more than its on recently...is it just me??????
climbr
Good Poster
Added: Jan 26, 2007 12:41 am
I have tried 3 times to download from depositfiles (vids posted by Palkov that are quite nice!) All 3 times, after an extended trip thru their pages, I sit waiting... I then notice something running in the background (no notice given). Looking at the Task Manager, I find something has launched the Microsoft Software Installer which is running and I cannot close. I unplug my machine and start over. No lasting effect seems to occur, but my box is pretty well protected security-wise or maybe I'm lucky. I won't go to that site again.
Responding to another post, I have a premium account at Rapidshare and have never had a problem (so far....) Thanks, Mr Darkstar, for asking and listening.
markus1
Retired Legend
Added: Jan 31, 2007 4:33 am
Sounds like climbr has a REALLY strong argument for banning depositfiles.com
Deity
Added: Feb 02, 2007 3:58 pm
I think all they do is re-upload the file to Megaupload & put up a fake mirror called Mooshare. I've never gotten Mooshare to even load their page. So I wait 22 seconds to get a choice of;

1: Pay them to download the file
2: Go to a fake mirror
3: Go to Megaupload & wait 45 secs & get more pop ups.

Let's just save us all some trouble & use Megaupload or Rapidshare.
ramblin'man
Added: Feb 03, 2007 3:04 am
Keep 'em. Moreover ...

Allow me to share a "trick" I saw on another board regarding getting files from Depositfiles.

1. Go to link page. There are 2 choices for downloading ... the one on the right is for "FREE" ... the one on the left is via installation of their toolbar thingie.

2. Click on the LEFT one. You will then get another popup/screen asking you if you want to continue installing their toolbar. Click on CANCEL.

3. You will then get a question box asking if you're sure ... click on CANCEL.

4. X out (close) the popup screen.

5. Refresh the original screen.

6. Download the file ... no mirrors, no links, just click on "download the file". There are usually 2 other mirrors there as well, but I have not used those links. No need!! Very Happy

Has worked for me every time. Try this and I hope it works for you as easily. Also, after you do it once, you don't have to go through steps 1-5 for a while, thanks to the cookie or whatever.

Downloadin'Man
sir_darkstar
Senior VIP club member
Added: Feb 10, 2007 3:56 am
Time is running out for this poll, if you want o have your say either for or against depositfiles then please do it quickly. All views will be looked at so please voice your opinion.
Esteban
Added: Feb 10, 2007 5:01 am
Please throw them out SD!
ramblin'man
Added: Feb 10, 2007 5:01 am
I wonder if anyone has even tried the steps I mentioned before? Rolling Eyes

It works every ferkin' time. I have zero complaints.

And ... and ... when it says that all of your country slots are busy? Do the same thing!! Shocked Pretend to start downloading the Zango toolbar, then cancel, then refresh the original screen.

It works. No wait in between downloads, and not even a 45-second wait to download.

Trust me, I have nothing to do with the stupid site either.

This is great for pervs who do not have a Rapidshare premium account. What to do while you're waiting 70 minutes or whatever between r/s downloads? D/L vids from depositfiles.

Ah well.

Bummin'Man

p.s. I don't see anything like the imagecash shit. All I ever see is the first screen, the toolbar pop-up, and the refreshed screen with the "download the file" link. ?????? Maybe I don't know shit from shinola though. SD, I trust you, so ... whatever. As they say where I grew up: you do what you godda do.
climbr
Good Poster
Added: Feb 10, 2007 5:41 am
I checked it out and Ramblin' Man is right, the trick works. The question is, will it continue to work if that doesn't meet the site's interests? Last comment, I find it odd that the uploaders who use Depositfiles haven't responded to any of the queries or complaints? What gives, you guys? And please say if you have a business interest there. Thanks to all, and especially Sir Darkstar for the efforts in sorting this out.
Esteban
Added: Feb 10, 2007 5:52 am
Why would we all change from mega or rapid on this forum?

They are promoting that site depositefiles Rolling Eyes

Jeez never new you wwere that much of a leecher RM! Laughing

At least you could shsre with us a few real quality links from your travels Smile
victor1
Respected Poster
Added: Feb 12, 2007 11:16 pm
Depostfiles sucks! It sends Spyware doctor in to the emergancy room! I can't understand why anyone other than people promoting that site would use it. Next time I see something on that site I will try rambling man's trick but in the mean time I think I am better off without DF.

In the mean time I think these "members" ought to get removed from the system because they obviously are in on the entire Deposit files thing.

myultima
tema
boonsai
palkov

I also find it interesting how they seem to be some of the most active posters on this forum and several others that allow DF